Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I shall not be greatly shaken..."

"He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken."
Psalm 62:2

I was reading the Bible and came across this verse. It touched my heart so much that I almost broke into tears. The past month has not been a fun one for me. Lots of various things have happened and are still happening that are bringing me down to a serious valley. Things that make me wonder about plans for the future and make me doubt. I'll admit, I haven't been in a place where I have even felt worthy of praying or reading, having fear my prayers wouldn't go past the ceiling. When I read the part "I shall not be greatly shaken," I realized that no matter what happens in my life to bring me down, God is sovereign. He loves me because I am his child, and he will not ever desert me. My sweet friend, Jenny, told me today that God is not going to leave me hanging and forget about me. When she told me that, I was reminded of what Philippians 1:6 says, "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." He still has work to do in me and He's not through with me yet! I pray that I will remember this on a daily basis. His will and His timing are perfect! Praise Him that he knows my plans better than I do!

4 comments:

Tate Family said...

AE, The devil has a sneaky way to weave his way in @ the perfect time, causing us to take our eyes off of God. Praising HIM through our storms is so hard, but milk it for all it's worth. Let this draw you even closer to Him, soaking yourself with his love, leaning only on Him, and trusting His promise for good and prosperity. That is so much easier said than done, I know. Praying and lifting you up!

Tate Family said...

BTW, meant to share this verse from my Life Journal study last night that will encourage you.
Look it up -- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

I echo Emily and want to add another verse for you to claim - Jeremiah 29:11. That has carried me through so many times in my life!

Ashley said...

Hope everything is getting better! Did you ever get my email?