Monday, March 10, 2008

Recipes!

I got in trouble at work today for not updating my blog...excuse me. I'm still learning how the blogging world works (Jenny and Kara)! Last night, I cooked for Jim's family. I'm not usually a cook, so I was very proud of myself when I saw that it was a success! I thought I would share the recipes that I used! Enjoy!

Pecan Crusted Chicken (straight from Rachel Ray)

1 cup pecans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup of honey mustard (I always use more)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 400. Grind the pecans into fine crumbs in a food processor. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl and stir in the bread crumbs basil. Season with salt and pepper. Rub each chicken with honey mustard, then coat with the pecan mixture. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Duhlish!

Broccoli Delight Salad

1 lg. bunch fresh broccoli but into pieces (4-5 cups)
1 cup raisins
10 strips of bacon, crumbled
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup diced red onion

Dressing: (this is what the recipe calls for, but I double these ingredients)

3-4 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. vinegar

Put washed and well-drained broccoli pieces in large glass bowl. Add raisins, onions, bacon and sunflower seeds. Mix together dressing ingredients, pour over salad.

Delta Hot Pineapple Casserole (right out of my mama's cookbook and it is AAAMAZING!)

1 lg. can pineapple chunks
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. flour
1 cup cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 stick melted butter

Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Stir together flour, sugar, and 3 tbsp. pineapple juice. Pour over pineapple, which should be in a greased casserole dish. Cover with cheddar, then Ritz. Pour butter over all. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

These look so yummy! You might've just planned out our family dinner for Wesley's upcoming birthday. ;)