Thursday, March 20, 2008

Singstar!

Playstation is a huge thing at our house (mostly with Jim). However, occasionally, I do tend to play Guitar Hero - this is an INCREDIBLE game if you have never played it - very addictive! But, tonight, we discovered something new...Singstar! We had some friends over and decided it would be fun for all four of us to try it. It's a karaoke game that you play on Playstation. There are several versions of it, but we have the 80s version. You battle back and forth between teams, having to get the notes and words right on all of these songs. You have to do it in microphones, just like real karaoke. Then, you get to playback your performance and hear how incredibly wonderful you did! It is great fun! We looked and sounded ridiculous, but it was all worth it!

We are having a wonderful Spring Break. We were at my parents house in Laurel until today and it was so nice to do absolutely nothing! I can't remember the last time we were able to sleep late and not have to be anywhere or do anything. I wish we had times like this more often!

Just a side note...I'm reading a book called "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. It kinda goes hand-in-hand with a former post of mine that talked about strongholds. I HIGHLY recommend this book. I feel like every word on the page is directed right at me. I cannot put it down! It is amazing how God can use other people to send messages right to you! Sometimes, I think I just need a good slap in the face. This book is doing just that. It is so great...thanks Shelley for recommending it while you were at NW!

3 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

tommy would love that......his wedding gift from my parents was his playstation 2. now he's wanting a ps3, but i would rather have a wii!

so we'll settle on neither...

glad ya'll had time to relax. we are going to my dad's tonight and will be back sunday night and we're gonna do what ya'll did - rest some!

HAPPY EASTER!

The Peacock Flock said...

Y'all have a great time relaxing! I would like a Wii too, but Jim says no...maybe we could all pitch in and get one and share!

Shelley said...

Oh good, I'm glad you are enjoying the book. I know how you feel...every single chapter seemed to be one of my battles. My mind is so complex and it's dangerous when I don't surrender it to HIM!!

Sounds like I need to try out SINGSTAR!:)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. Enjoy this LONG weekend!!!