Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Fun (sort-of)

Our Memorial Day was pretty uneventful, but it was fun spending the entire day with Jim. We went absolutely nowhere, which is RARE. But, it was very nice. We cleaned our house all day. I'm talking serious cleaning - the kind where you have to be in a super cleaning, Martha Stewart mood. It took us 5 hours! We dusted everything possible - windowsills, baseboards, everything that could be dusted or Windexed, we did it. We vacummed every inch, swept every inch, threw away a TON of stuff that we should have done when we moved in. It was a great cleaning day! Now, I look at my house and I am actually realizing that my house is such a prize and blessing. Isn't it crazy that it had to be REALLY clean for me to appreciate it like I did yesterday? I think I haven't had time to do that because of the constant coming and going that we do. Spending an entire day in my house making it beautiful makes me love what I live in. Does that make any sense whatsoever? I feel like I'm having one of those moments where I know exactly what I'm talking about, but no one else does right now...

Guess where I'm going in 4 days??????? DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so, so, so excited. It's an early anniversary trip for us, plus it will give us time to get away for a while. We'll be there for 8 whole days! What a great trip! If anyone has any dining tips, we would greatly appreciate them. We're having trouble deciding on places to eat - we don't want to eat at places that we can eat at here. Thanks, Ashley, for giving us some great tips that we are definitely using! However, if anyone has other tips, please let us know. I want this to be an amazing trip!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

You got A LOT accomplished!! Isn't this great?!? Being FINISHED w/school for a while. I just took Wesley to daycare for a couple hours so I could clean. Yes, I am USELESS when he is here. :)

Be sure to post lots of pics from Disney World -- HAVE FUN!!