Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sad Endings, New Beginnings, and Early Birthdays (it's a little long...beware!)

The past 9 months have been a learning experience and growing time for me. I have been teaching at a great school but have realized that I need to seek out for not somewhere better, but a better fit for me. To be frank and honest, there have been some miscommunications, confrontations, and other situations that have caused me to take a step back and examine some things. Some could have been as a result of some different personal things going on in my life, but I think most were miscommunications. I apologize to different parties reading this that think otherwise. However, I am grateful for those situations. I have grown as a teacher and as a person. I'm excited about what God has in store for me and what he will do in my life. Praise God for tough times - I haven't been able to say that for quite a while. I have learned that it is a privelege to be tested - that means that he is showing you something and is trying to use you in a way you wouldn't notice unless he uses a trial to get your attention. My friend, Jenny, played a song for me the other day at school called "God of Our Yesterdays" by Matt Redman. That is my theme song for the present time. I STRONGLY encourage you to find it listen to it. It is such a fit for such a bittersweet time. During the past several months, I have made some life long friends and I am so thankful for these people who have made laughed with me, cried with me, prayed for and with me, and were amazing, amazing friends. I love all of you so much and our friendship doesn't end within those four school walls. Below are some pictures of those people (sorry if I didn't get a picture with you - I still love you!). Looking forward to "circle time" again really soon!


Monique, Melody, me, Denise, Jenny


Mandy, Kathy, Katie, Sarah


Sorry, Jenny, I thought it was funny...

I LOVE Y'ALL!

On a lighter note...

My in-laws gave me an early birthday party Friday night because they will be out of town this week (just a hint, my birthday is Thursday if you are interested ;). We went to Amerigo and then back to their house for a small party. I had decorations, gifts, and my favorite - CHEESECAKE! I forgot to take pictures, but I did happen to get one of my and my sweet husband. This is a really bad picture and he doesn't want me to put it on here because he says he looks sleepy. Sorry Jim!

2 comments:

Monique said...

You are a wonderful person, and God has blessed you with many gifts. You are an amazing singer, teacher, and person...I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know the peacock...I am excited to see how God uses you...I bet I'll hear you on KLove one day...

Tate Family said...

I'll assume you love me even though I didn't make it in a pic. ;) Monique hit the nail right on the head. How come I've never heard you sing? You'll have to let me know when you're singing @ church!!! For sure, keep in touch. I will miss you. :(