Monday, August 11, 2008

New Babies = New Blessings



Well, I've made it through the first week at my new school. I must say, I absolutely love it. I have 21 precious first graders that are so eager to come to school and learn. It really puts a new meaning on what I am called to do. It's amazing how six year-olds can bring so much joy into your life. It really makes me appreciate what God has laid before me. He has shown me so much just over one week that makes up for a year's worth of doubting. I feel as if these kids need me so much and it makes my heart so full when I see one of them light up because of me saying something simple as in, "Yes! Great job!"

They come to school and just want to learn so badly. They are always wanting me to see their work and tell them how proud of them I am. It's sad to think that they don't always hear that, except for at school. It makes me realize what a huge responsibility I have. I'm posting a few more pictures of them working at their centers. Please pray for me as I continue this year. I'm so excited to see what will happen in Room 5 of McNeal Elementary!







2 comments:

Ashley said...

I tagged you on my blog! :o)

Tate Family said...

Gosh, they are so cute. How is school going? Was just stopping by to see if there was an update. ;)