Friday, August 1, 2008

Blessings!

What a week of blessings this has been! I have been in professional development all week long, and most teachers would say Yuck! But, I have to say, the ones I have been in have been so touching and motivating. I am so blessed to be working in a school district that is so in need of good teachers who have a heart for the kids that go to the schools there. I found out some statistics this week from the district and they are overwhelming. Sad, sad, sad stories of dropouts, failures, and other things that are heartbreaking. I am so glad to be a part of this district who is yearning to grow and I'm so excited about going back to the little boys and girls who need me so much. The most touching thing that I heard/saw this week was at new teacher orientation. They put us on a school bus (with no air) and took us to the neighborhoods where our students come from. Now, I've worked in Jackson schools and have seen some bad things. However, they did not even come close to what I saw in Canton. Some of the living conditions are absolutely heartbreaking and it opened my eyes and made me realized how INCREDIBLY blessed I am. Now, after experiencing this week, I'm sure of where my calling is!

Speaking of blessings, I've posted the following video. The youth drama team at our church did this last Sunday and it had me in tears. Watch first, and I'll explain my take on it:



As I watched this, I was reminded of the past few months I've had. Some of you know what I'm talking about. For others who don't, just trust me when I say that it's been no fun. How good Jesus is that he holds back all of the things that Satan uses to bring us down. I'm so thankful to have such a loving God who knows just when to come to my rescue. Even if I have to fall flat on my face to get it. I'm so excited about this year and all of the blessings that I know I will receieve. I'm going to have a class blog, but I don't have it completely set up yet. When I get it, I'll let everyone know! Have a great weekend!

No comments: