Saturday, August 30, 2008

Prayers for My Family

3 years ago during this very time, my family was picking up from the damagae Katrina left behind. They live in Laurel, and although they were more fortunate than others, they still suffered some damage. No power for 3 weeks, my sister was out of school for around 6 weeks, fights for food and gas, living off of generators, living in piles of love bugs (disgusting), and trying to make it just as everyone else south of us did. They are especially concerned about Gustav doing the same thing. I know they don't live on the coast or in New Orleans, but Jones County was the next hardest hit county other than the coast counties when Katrina came through.

They left this morning on a church trip to New York and are supposed to fly into New Orleans next Wednesday morning. That probably won't happen! My mom didn't want to leave the house not knowing what she would come back to. It scared her when, yesterday, she got an automated call from the governor telling them to be prepared for the worst. And, the news stations around there are telling them the same thing. They have everything boarded up, but they aren't there. Please pray that when they storm hits, their house will have little to no damage. Also, pray that they will find a way home on Wednesday and for them to have peace about everything. Here are some pictures of them below. My dad wouldn't let me take his picture, so this is as good as it gets. Also, I don't know what my sister is doing in her mouse ears. Then, there's mom and the star of the family, CoCo.


 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I just ran across your blog through Suzanne's blog, but I wanted you to know that I will definitely be praying for your family. Gustav is eerily similar to Katrina and I can only imagine how your parents feel.

Tate Family said...

What's the update? Is everyone okay? Any damage?